|Monday, July 26, 2021
You are here: Home » News » Local News » Water ban was correct, says council
  • Follow Us!

Water ban was correct, says council 

Restrictions on water consumption over a large part of Puerto de la Cruz were lifted after a seven day ban.

The areas of Las Dehesas, La Vera, Las Águilas, San Antonio-Esquilón, Las Arenas, San Fernando and Taoro-Malpais had been affected by the alert.

The all-clear was given by Puerto council and the company Aqualia following tests and corrective measures.

Residents were informed of the go-ahead to restart water consumption in various ways, including a public address system, the social network, web and blog sites. Anyone with outstanding queries is being advised to ring 902 236 023.

An emergency meeting was called by the council on December 2nd to discuss the situation which had affected thousands of Puerto residents. It was agreed that proper corrective action had been taken and tests showed the water was now of a better quality. Tests continue to be carried out on a daily basis.