Linea Directa advises you how to act in case of an accident
Línea Directa Insurance advises you of the steps to follow in case of a road accident in Spain.
1. Call the emergency number: 112. They will co-ordinate the procedure and will ask you in detail about the circumstances of the accident.
2. Remain calm at all times. Switch on the emergency lights and if the state of the vehicle permits, remove the vehicle from the road, in order to avoid delays and further accidents, to the extent possible.
3. Signal the accident location. Before stepping out of the car, put on your high-visibility jacket, which is compulsory, and place the emergency triangles correctly. The first must be placed about 50 metres behind the car in the direction of the traffic, and the second about 100m.
4. If someone is seriously injured, never try to move them, except if in danger of fire or imminent explosion. Cover the injured person, keep them calm and wait for the emergency services to arrive.
5. If the circumstances of the location allow, always fill in the European accident report, which is an essential document for speeding up the procedures and handling between the insurance companies. If you have any doubt about how to do this, don’t hesitate to call your insurance company.
For more information, call 902 123 104