Línea Directa reports: How to complete an accident report form
This document is essential for determining who is responsible for a traffic accident, which has a direct effect on the price that customers pay when renewing their insurance.
What is an accident report form?
An accident report form is a document which outlines the circumstances in which a car accident has occurred. In addition to the personal details of the drivers and their vehicles, the document includes a jointly agreed description of the manoeuvres carried out by the drivers when the accident took place, which plays a key role in determining who is responsible for the traffic accident.
How should it be completed?
Línea Directa offers the following advice on completing the form:
1. Columns A and B (blue and yellow), are for the personal details of the drivers and their vehicles.
2. In section 12, (Circumstances) the numbered column on the left describes the manoeuvres of car A and the one on the right those of car B. If you are unsure which box to mark, leave it blank. Make a drawing of the accident in section 13 indicating the manoeuvre of each car.
3. If anybody has been injured or if you think they might have been injured, complete section 24.
4. If there is more than one car involved in the accident, also complete section 23, on the reverse side of the form, and include it in the sketch.
5. Sign the form and keep a copy.