|Monday, January 21, 2019
You are here: Home » News » Canary Islands News » Child suffers electric shock on amusement ride
  • Follow Us!

Child suffers electric shock on amusement ride 

A seven-year-old girl was rushed to hospital in a serious condition after being electrocuted whilst riding on a children’s ride in an amusement arcade.

The youngster, under-stood to be German, was reportedly on holiday in Gran Canaria.

She suffered second degree burns to an arm and a leg, leaving her unconscious. Her horrified mother and grandfather rushed her to a Red Cross first aid post on the beach of Playa de las Ingles where she was revived.

A spokesman for the 112 control centre confirmed: “A child suffered an electric shock on a mechanical attraction in Gran Canaria. Red Cross staff were first to help after the alert was raised. Medics then arrived on the scene and gave the youngster treatment before she was rushed to hospital.”

Local police said it was not clear what had happened to give the child a shock but a full investigation was launched. It is understood the child was wearing ordinary outdoor clothes, not a bathing suit.

The children’s ride was a rocking horse operated by putting a coin into a slot. It was one of the attractions inside an amusement arcade in the Shopping Centre Annex II of Playa del Inglés.