|Thursday, August 16, 2018
You are here: Home » hot news » Puerto to improve more town centre streets
  • Follow Us!

Puerto to improve more town centre streets 

PAGE 6 PUERTO TO IMPROVE

Puerto de la Cruz has reached an agreement which will allow the improvement and refurbishment of calles San Juan, Iriarte and Plaza Concejil.

The total investment amounts to 2,170,892.40 euros, co-financed by Puerto council and Tenerife Cabildo.

The project is included in the Tourism Product Improvement Programme of the Insular Development Strategic Framework (MEDI-FDCAN).

Lasting 12 months, the total investment amounts to 2,170,892.40 euros, of which Puerto will contribute 20 per cent (434,178.48 euros) and the Cabildo the remaining 80 per cent (1,736,713 , 92 euros).

Regarding the municipal contribution, it will be “effective during the year 2018 and will provide the necessary services to carry out the execution of it,” explained the Mayor, Lope Afonso.

He said improvements to the commercial fabric was fundamental, including for the economic activity of the municipality.

Work on calles San Juan, Iriarte and Plaza Concejil would represent a continuation of the improvements already carried out in San Telmo and Quintana.