|Monday, August 20, 2018
You are here: Home » News » Local News » Puerto and Los Realejos agree Camino project
  • Follow Us!

Puerto and Los Realejos agree Camino project 

PAGE 6 PUERTO AND LOS REALEJOS

Los Realejos and Puerto de la Cruz are joining forces to solve the historical problem of the poor state of the Camino El Burgado in La Higuerita.

The northern councils are co-financing the repaving project for 35,489 euros for the improvement of this road that affects both locations.

The Mayors of Los Realejos and Puerto de la Cruz, Manuel Dominguez and Lope Afonso, respectively, agreed to the resurfacing of Camino El Burgado, saying: “The evident state of advanced deterioration presented by the asphalt led to prioritise this action.”

Sr. Dominguez said pre-vious administrations had been unable to come to an agreement over the work which would now involve attention to cracks and degradation of the surface.

Sr. Afonso said he was delighted the project could proceed as it would allow residents of the area of Burgado to reach their homes under the optimum of conditions.

Los Realejos will provide 78.51% of the costs of execution, around 27,863.60 euros, while Puerto will meet the other 21.49%, about 7,626.77 euros.