|Thursday, November 15, 2018
You are here: Home » News » News from Spain » Boy saved after eating chips cooked in fish oil
  • Follow Us!

Boy saved after eating chips cooked in fish oil 

Two police officers have saved the life of a nine-year-old British boy after he suffered a severe reaction to chips cooked in fish oil.

The youngster was taken seriously ill and was unable to breath after his airwaves swelled up.

The two policemen rushed him to hospital in their patrol car and because of their swift actions, doctors were able to save his life.

The heart-stopping incident happened in Alicante when the boy was eating chips in a restaurant.

Unknown to his family, they had apparently been cooked in oil which had also been used for fish, to which he was allergic.

The boy, who lives in Benidorm, started to choke and the police were called.

The two officers, named only as Federico and Enrique, rushed to his aid and took him to the hospital in Villajoyosa.

Doctors said he was suffering from a severe food allergy and an anaphylactic shock and was in a serious condition when ad-mitted.

However, after a few hours in hospital, the symptoms eased and he was discharged from hospital.