Early-morning alert at restaurant
A fire in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant led to the partial evacuation of a nearby hotel.
Fire-fighters from San Miguel de Abona, together with volunteers from Adeje, were called out to the emergency at the premises in San Eugenio.
A call was made at 7am in the morning to report that flames were seen inside the building in calle Gran Bretana. Firemen extinguised the blaze which had started in the kitchen and ventilated the restaurant whilst the partial evacuation of the hotel was carried out as a precautionary measure.
Police and the Canary Urgency Service also attended.